CEO and founding member of Scottish Chefs ( Federation of Chefs Scotland ) the national organisation for all chefs in Scotland . Scottish Chefs are currently working on the Scottish Culinary Championships to be held at ScotHot . In 2023 among the developments will be to build on the success of our digital magazine ‘Infusion’ and prepare for the IKA Culinary Olympics to be held in Stuttgart , Germany , February 2024 .
- What is the best thing about your current job or role in the industry?
Working with so many creative people both in Scotland also in my role as a Board Member of World Chefs representing North Europe
- What was your first job in the hospitality/foodservice or tourism industry?
Apprentice Chef where I served a 4 year apprenticeship at The Grand Hotel , Glasgow
- Who has been your biggest influence during your career?
There have been so many people that I have fortunate enough to work with or know
I will never forget my very first lecturer Chef James Hogan who possessed the most amazing knowledge of cooking, he was also instrumental in getting me started in the industry and provided guidance and offered advice for many years .
- What key piece of advice would you give the future generation of hospitality professionals?
Don’t expect everything to land on a plate there will setbacks along the way but being a chef can be a very rewarding career if you are determined and work hard
- What is your favourite restaurant or type of food?
I have no particular favourite restaurant I have been fortunate in my career to travel all over the world and have had many fabulous meals . In Scotland we have some truly outstanding restaurants and they deserve all the accolades they receive
- What is your favourite dish?
I love a fresh roast with all the trimmings whether meat , poultry, or game
- What is your favourite drink?
A glass of Chardonnay
- What or who are you looking forward most to see or meet at ScotHot 23?
After the break of 4 years it is going to wonderful to meet many people we have not seen in the interim and also looking forward to the new features at ScotHot 23