Stephen Jardine is one of Scotland’s best known broadcasters presenting a range of BBC television and radio programmes
- What is the best thing about the Scottish hospitality and tourism industry
The passion. It’s always a pleasure at ScotHot to meet people who are so enthusiastic about our country and our produce and want to use their skills to pass that on to others
- Key piece of advice would you give the future generation of hospitality professional
There is no substitute for hard work. TV shows the glamorous side of hotels and restaurants but success requires long hours to build up the experience you need to succeed
- What is your favourite restaurant or type of food?
Any independent restaurant with an owner on the premises and a frequently changing menu showcasing Scottish produce
- What is your favourite dish?
Ribeye steak, straw fries, béarnaise sauce.
- What is your favourite drink?
At this time of year, a sloe gin hits the spot.
- What or who are you looking forward most to see or meet at ScotHot23?
All the young chefs who have made the effort to attend, looking for inspiration